Careers at Human Services Association
Posted: June 6, 2022
JOB TITLE: Accountant
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Controller
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hrs.
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
• Under the supervision of the Controller, provides complete fiscal assistance for all assigned
Agency programs and functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the Accounting Department Liaison with agency funding sources.
• Coordinate audits with the agency’s Independent CPA and other funding sources.
• Prepare fiscal reports and billings for assigned programs and contracts.
• Develop, implement, and administer the financial component of all contracts, per funding agency specifics.
• Review monthly expenditures and update spreadsheets for assigned programs and contracts.
• Prepare daily accounting transactions, including cash receipts and journal entries.
• Prepare deposit slips and deposit all monies received by the agency.
• Prepare and monitor assigned contract budgets, including long-term financial projections.
• Develop and maintain the Accounting Department’s computerized systems.
• Prepare Bank Reconciliations and other cash management duties, as assigned
• Related duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good verbal, written communication, and organizing skills.
• Be proactive and due diligence.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet attendance standards.
• Ability to complete task on time.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and Maintain effective working relationships.
• Computer literate to include Microsoft Office software.
• Maintain courteous and professional manner at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or other related field.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Accountant’s work location is in Bell Gardens, California, offices with some travel throughout Los Angeles County; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in an office environment; with occasional travel for training and site visits; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 22AD6 Accountant in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.