Careers at Human Services Association
Administrative Assistant - Family Services
Posted: November 2, 2021
Part-Time Employee (12 months)
$17.00 per hour
STATUS: Full time, Non-Exempt
TERM: 12 months (unless funding ends)
REPORTS TO: Family Services Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 20
• Under the supervision of the Director, manages secretarial and clerical functions, including data input.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enter data about client services and outcomes into respective database(s) and spreadsheets and assist with report preparation.
• Establish and maintain all program files, reports and database system(s).
• Prepare and complete all statistical and program reports.
• Miscellaneous office duties: typing; filing; phones; correspondence; reception; etc.
• Design computer-generated forms, brochures, pamphlets, fliers, etc.
* Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures; communicate effectively in oral form in English (bilingual Spanish preferred).
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Handle public contact and relations effectively.
• Analyze and resolve problems.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Use independent judgment and initiative.
• Handle feedback and constructive criticism.
• Excellent computer and telephone skills.
• Able to handle wide variety of clerical duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities typically:
• High school diploma, or equivalent.
• Valid California driver license and proof of current automobile insurance.
• Two to three years of experience in the clerical field; one year as an administrative assistant/office manager preparing reports, correspondence, spreadsheets; maintaining files, data entry and ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Administrator’s work location is at the Bell Gardens, CA offices with weekly travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in clients’ homes; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21FS17 Administrative Assistant - Family Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.