Careers at Human Services Association
Associate Teacher - State Program - Early Childhood Education - 32.5 Hours Per Week
Posted: July 16, 2021
$20.00-$22.00 per hour
PROGRAM: State Program
STATUS: Full Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Child Development Coordinator
HOURS PER WEEK: 32.5
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the supervision of the Child Development Coordinator, and Lead Teacher, the Associate Teacher, assists in the implementation of program curriculum and school readiness activities. Provides direct supervision of children and ensures children’s health & safety at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and coordinate curriculum activities as assigned by Lead Techer.
• Implement and plan school readiness and curriculum activities as directed by the Lead Teacher.
• Ensure the health and safety of all children and parents in the program.
• Conduct and coordinate small group and large group activities.
• Assist children with physical, emotional needs and overall development.
• Provide on-going supervision of indoor and outdoor play areas (sight & sound at all times)
• Actively participate in all child activities.
• Identify and report any suspected incidents of child abuse to Child Development Coordinator.
• Conduct daily health checks of each child.
• Assist in the implementation of nutrition and health activities and complete meal counts.
• Ensure the center classroom area is clean and the bathroom is clean for children’s use by cleaning up, sweeping, wiping, throwing away trash and preparing classroom.
• Provide nurturing care and guidance to each child.
• Attend department, agency, and community meetings and trainings, as assigned by the Child Development Coordinator.
• Other duties as assigned, including out-of-state travel and working evenings & weekends required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child growth and development.
• Some knowledge in the implementation of education program policies and procedures; experience with licensing requirements and guidelines.
• Work effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds, and those with disabilities and special needs.
• Participate in a positive team atmosphere.
• Be patient, able to resolve conflicts, gentle, loving, kind, creative, and resourceful
• Use excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills.
• Be detailed and multi-task with a strong desire to succeed.
• Cope well with stress.
• Organized and able to successfully meet daily objectives; have the ability to lead team atmosphere; have mediation and negotiation skills; possess effective conflict resolution skills.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing using correct English (spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation)
• Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish); effective oral and written communication.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, Associate of Art (AA) degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, preferred.
• Possess or meet requirements for Associate Teacher Permit.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience working with preschool children, infants and toddlers; two to three (2-3) years of customer service experience a preferred.
• Occasional driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• First Aid certification, Child CPR certification.
• Health screening.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (TB)(required).
• TDAP or DTAP clearance (required)
• MMR Clearance (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The State Associate Teacher work location can be in any one of the following cities: Bell Gardens, Huntington Park or South Gate, CA. As needed, the Associate Teacher will drive to different site locations and training sites (this includes HSA’s main office). The majority of the job duties are performed within a classroom setting which includes but is not limited to the following: classroom set-up (in-door & out-door), documentation (input observations into DRDP booklets), preparing meals, if needed, and ongoing child supervision (by sight & sound). These tasks require the following physical demands which include but are not limited to: constant walking, bending; occasional lifting (25 pounds), pushing, squatting and climbing stairs (as needed). The employee will complete required documentation in the office, a location with moderate noise levels that is a non-smoking facility.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21EC21 Associate Teacher - State Program - Early Childhood Education - 32.5 Hours Per Week in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.