Careers at Human Services Association
Back-Up Site Manager - Senior Services
Posted: August 18, 2022
$17.00 per hour
STATUS: Part- Time (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Coordinator (C1)
HOURS PER WEEK: 20-24 hrs.
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Coordinator (C1), coordinates all nutrition site activities on a daily basis, including supervision, meal service, and reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Order and serve daily meals
• Order daily supplies
• Complete all daily reports, as required, including daily meal service, donations, attendance, activities, and volunteer hours
• Maintain daily records on social services needed
• Supervise all site personnel, including volunteers
• Meet and maintain an average of meals daily
• Accept, count and total cash donations
• Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings
• Other duties, as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to: work and communicate effectively with elderly clients and volunteers of diverse cultures, read and follow food safety manual guidelines, lift food trays that weigh (approximately) 10 lbs., accurately perform basic mathematical functions; possess a cheerful and friendly disposition; preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required. Serve Safe Certified and a Los Angeles County Food Handler’s Certificate, preferred (if successful applicant does not possess the Certificate, HSA will coordinate training with County).
• Some experience working with senior citizens desirable
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the
essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Site Managers are required to perform the following duties in a safe manner: lift pans of food that could
weigh up to 10 lbs., to pick up serving trays and carry them to kitchen areas, to bend from waist while
wiping tables and counter tops, and occasionally sweep and mop.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21SS6 Back-Up Site Manager - Senior Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.