Careers at Human Services Association
Posted: June 3, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
$20.00 per hour
PROGRAM: Supportive Services Program
STATUS: Full Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
• Under the supervision of the Senior Services Manager, provides community based care management, advocacy/support to delay or prevent premature institutionalization to at risk senior citizens and disabled dependent adult clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct in home comprehensive psychosocial assessments, develop individualized care plans, coordinate service authorization, and monitor effectiveness of care plans.
• Carry care management caseload up to 50 clients.
• Complete home visits according to schedule.
• Maintain monthly care management activities and documentation.
• Maintain daily care management unit activity.
• Participate in community health and information fairs for outreach.
• Provide information and referral to all service networks, to include seniors and disabled dependent adults.
• Ensure that agency funding sources and other regulatory requirements are followed.
• Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures, and other program requirements.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other agency staff, sponsoring agencies, governmental bodies, community organizations, volunteers, and members of the public.
• Assist in coordination of advocacy efforts for client services.
• Related duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven competent skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent and good judgment.
• Knowledge of elder and dependent adult abuse warning signs and risk factors.
• Knowledge of community resources and other social service agencies.
• Ability to relate well with caregivers/family members of clients.
• Good verbal, written communication, and organizing skills, especially regarding listening and understanding client needs.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet attendance standards.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Computer literate to include Microsoft Office software.
• Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors of Arts/Science in Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, or related field.
• One (1) to two (2) years’ direct experience in working with seniors and disabled dependent adults.
• Daily driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Care Manager’s work location will be either in Bell Gardens or Monrovia, CA office with constant travel throughout Los Angeles County; the majority of the job duties are performed out in the community visiting one to multiple clients in any given day to check on their safety and welfare and to perform assessments in the home; the employee may need to sit or stand for short or long periods accordingly to home environment and/or due to assessment as well as stair and hill climbing accordingly. The employee will complete paperwork in the office as required; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment; employee must climb up one flight of stairs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21SS20 Care Manager in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.