Careers at Human Services Association
Case Manager - Family Services
Posted: July 14, 2022
$22.00 - $25.00
PROGRAM: Domestic Violence
STATUS: Full Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Services
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Under the supervision of the Director, conducts comprehensive assessments, case management, advocacy, safety planning, case planning, educational groups and outreach services for individuals at risk of or with a history of intimate partner or domestic violence in our Domestic Violence CalWORKs Program. Services are generally provided in the office; however, telehealth services while on-site are conducted as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish rapport and trust with clients, assuring a trauma informed professional relationship.
• Manage a caseload of 30-40+ clients to meet contractual requirements.
• Conduct intake assessments for families; assess for child risk factors and existing protective factors; assist with crisis intervention; gather and collect data.
• Review screening and assessment information with new participants; develop case plans with service goals and review progress made on a quarterly basis or as required by program.
• Provide information and referral, case management, client advocacy, soft legal, safety planning and educational group services to clients in the program.
• Conducts occasional outreach events, after hours and/or on weekends.
• Establish rapport, trust and a professional relationship with coworkers, supervisor, community and
• Participate in administrative meetings and clinical training as per program requirements.
• Maintain Quality Assurance/Continuous Quality Improvement standards as per contract.
• Responsible for maintaining documentation, entering data and submitting in a timely manner.
• Establish and maintain a current and accurate record keeping system, within program procedures, with
adequate provisions for confidentiality.
• Report to work at scheduled times, be open to flexible hours to meet the needs of clients and maintain
good attendance. Perform all duties in a timely and professional manner. Participate with a positive attitude and behavior in all program activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of domestic violence and other trauma such as substance abuse and mental health issues.
• Knowledge of basic social work principles and values.
• Knowledge of underserved communities and cultural considerations (e.g., LGBTQ+, families of color, low socioeconomic status, immigration issues, etc.)
• Proven competency skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent and good judgment.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow agency and program policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary.
• Communicate effectively in writing.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Preferred language(s) (English/Spanish/Chinese/Mandarin) highly desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Human Services, or related field.
• Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in social services, or a family support program working with at-risk or high-risk families. Experience working with victims of domestic and intimate partner violence is highly desirable.
• Experience working with culturally and socio-economically diverse families; and have knowledge of community resources available for families of young children.
• Experience with GAIN, CalWORKs, DCFS and DPSS highly desirable.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Clean driving record.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check via Live Scan (Fingerprinting).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Case Manager’s work location is at the Bell Gardens and Monrovia, CA offices with occasional travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in office; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 22FS13 Case Manager - Family Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.