Careers at Human Services Association
Child Focused Activity Worker - Family Services
Posted: November 9, 2022
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: 28
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Provides child focused activities and structured parent-child / family activities to children and families in the child abuse prevention program(s), and, performs a variety of basic administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide child focused activities to promote and strengthen protective factors for children whose parent(s) are attending Family Services Department direct services or events.
• Prepare and facilitate activities for children to develop socially and emotionally.
• Keep an attendance log of children participating in child-focused activities.
• Adhere to child abuse mandated reporting laws and ethical standards.
• Assist with administrative duties as assigned or needed.
• Maintain files of client families in the program(s).
• Enter data into a computerized tracking system.
• Assist in preparing statistical and billing reports.
• Order supplies for child focused activities and program supplies.
• Design computer generated forms (brochures, pamphlets etc.) for program activities.
• Provide coverage for receptionist as needed.
• Related duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child abuse risk factors, highly desirable.
• Knowledge of child abuse mandated reported requirements, highly desirable.
• Excellent boundaries (e.g. with clients, co-workers and community members).
• Proficient in arts and crafts; creative, amiable and personable.
• Ability to follow program and agency policies and procedures.
• Proven competency skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent thought and good judgment.
• Good communication, writing and organizational skills; attention to detail.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
• Computer literate; must be able to work with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher)
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, i.e., copier, fax machine, calculator, etc.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), highly desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Education: Child development coursework; high school diploma or GED required.
• Experience: planning activities and lessons for children 0-5 years old; one to two (2) years of experience working with children and their families who have experienced neglect/abuse; experience working with underserved and unserved populations, such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community, male survivors, and/or tribal populations, highly desirable.
• Driving is required for work assignments and agency all-staff meetings. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage (must be named on insurance policy).
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
• First Aid certification, Child CPR certification, highly desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work location is at the Bell Gardens office site and/or other HSA sites if needed. The location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed onsite; employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 22FS18 Child Focused Activity Worker - Family Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.