Careers at Human Services Association
Counselor - Child Abuse Treatment Program
Posted: August 18, 2023
$30.00 - $34.00 per hour
PROGRAM: Child Abuse Treatment Program
STATUS: Full Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
The Counselor will provide counseling and case management services for the Child Abuse Treatment program. Services are delivered in the office, in-home, off-site, and telehealth as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides counseling services to children and families impacted by abuse and crime.
• Conducts comprehensive assessments in collaboration with the Department of Children and Family Services and other referral sources.
• Offer information and referral, advocacy and intensive case management services.
• Provides therapeutic support and crisis intervention.
• Participate in clinical training, case reviews and consultations.
• Adhere to child abuse reporting and legal and ethical standards.
• Coordinate & participate in peer review and quality assurance meetings.
• Maintain client records and prepare reports.
• Attend department, agency, and community meetings, as assigned.
• Receive supervision from a licensed therapist, as applicable.
• Domestic Violence 40-hour training, highly desirable.
• Related duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child abuse and other risk factors such as domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health issues, etc.
• Familiarity with evidenced-based practices and effective modalities of treatment.
• Ability to follow program and agency policies and procedures.
• Exhibit competency and independent judgment.
• Work well under pressure.
• Good organizational skills.
• Effective communication, both oral and written.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary, including evening hours.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Build and sustain effective working relationships.
• Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable.
• Computer literate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage Family Therapy, or related field.
• Minimum two years’ experience in non-profit settings with diverse, low-income families.
• Minimum two years’ counseling experience with child abuse, trauma, and related issues.
• Registered with California Board of Behavioral Sciences, associate number required.
• Driving is required on a daily basis. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license, and proof of full insurance coverage (name must be on insurance card).
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass a criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work location is at the main building: Bell Gardens office site with occasional travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed on-site, in the clients’ home, offsite or via telehealth, as applicable; employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education, and other factors permitted by law.
Human Services Association offers a competitive total rewards package for eligible employees, which may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, holiday pay, life insurance. Please see the Benefits Overview for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If the position you are applying for has specific education, licensing, or certification requirements, please submit your unofficial transcripts and credentials alongside your resume.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 23FS9 Counselor - Child Abuse Treatment Program in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.