Careers at Human Services Association
Home Delivered Meals Driver - Senior Services
Posted: August 20, 2021
Part-Time Employee (12 months)
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Coordinator
HOURS PER WEEK: 20 hrs.
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Coordinator (C2), delivers daily hot meals to seniors on a set route.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Order and deliver daily meals to homebound seniors residing within our service area.
• Assist Site Manager and other staff in packing of the home delivered meals.
• Report any and all danger signs regarding the seniors’ well-being and/or safety back to the Senior Services Coordinator (C2) and follow up with report as needed.
• Maintain a clean and well-groomed vehicle.
• Schedule preventative maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.).
• Report any vehicle malfunctions to Senior Services Coordinator (C2).
• Maintain daily mileage log/report.
• Maintain daily temperature log/report.
• Drivers must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under Human Services Association’s liability insurance policy and/or meet driver guidelines.
• All drivers must sign the “Authorization for Release of Driver Record Information” and agree to be enrolled in the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program. (State of California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)).
• Attend agency meeting, department meetings and/or trainings, as requested.
• Other duties, as required or assigned.
• Working cell phone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to: read and follow traffic signs and safety laws/guidelines while driving an agency vehicle.
• Ability to: work and communicate effectively with elderly clients and volunteers of diverse cultures, read and follow food safety manual guidelines, lift food trays that weigh (approximately) 10 lbs., accurately perform basic mathematical functions; possess a cheerful and friendly disposition.
• Preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required.
• Some on-the-job driving experience desirable.
• Some experience working with senior citizens desirable.
• Valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check via Live Scan (Fingerprinting).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the
essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Back-up Driver work location is in Bell Gardens, CA offices with primary travel throughout Los
Angeles County; most all of the job duties are performed out in the community delivering meals to multiple
clients in any given day to check on their safety and welfare in the home; the employee is in and out of a
vehicle several times (40-60) per day as well as stair and hill climbing accordingly. The employee will
complete paperwork in the office as required; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking
environment; employee must climb up one flight of stairs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21SS34 Home Delivered Meals Driver - Senior Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.