Careers at Human Services Association
Early Childhood Education Clerk - Early Childhood Education
Posted: August 6, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
$17.50 per hour
PROGRAM: Head Start/EHS Program
STATUS: Full-Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
TERM: 12 Months
Under the supervision of the Department Director, inputs data into computerized system on an ongoing basis, performs secretarial and clerical functions for the Program as well as educational assessments/checklists. Complies with program regulations in all ECE programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the data entry of information from monthly attendance reports into a computerized tracking system (Child Plus data system).
• Assist with the data entry and upload data information from DRDP 2015 into DRDP-TECH data system.
• Customize and present computerized data report, as needed.
• File and maintain ongoing records of all documentation for the Department.
• Assist in the coordination of program activities and functions.
• Perform administrative duties within the Department such as preparing purchase requests, orders, etc.
• Assist in preparing and completing all monthly, quarterly, and yearly statistical and program reports, as assigned.
• Maintain all reports, program files, letters, etc., confidential.
• Miscellaneous office duties: typing, data entry, filing, answering phones, covering the front desk, e-mail and correspondence, etc.
• Order consumables (art materials, etc.) for Centers and socializations.
• Prepare requisition forms (purchase orders) per contract.
• Prepare all Purchase Orders for the Department
• Assist in the design computer-generated forms, brochures, pamphlets, etc.
• Back-up receptionist duties, as needed.
• Report any suspected incidents of child abuse.
• Attend department, agency, and community meetings, trainings and events, as assigned.
• Assist in set-up of program meetings, including preparing meeting agendas, minutes, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Child growth and development
• Developmentally Appropriate Practice
• Work effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds, and those with disabilities and special needs
• Prepare and maintain detailed records accurately and in a timely manner
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
• Organized and able to successfully meet daily objectives; have the ability to lead team atmosphere; have mediation and negotiation skills; possess effective conflict resolution skills
• Communicate orally and in writing using correct English (spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation)
• Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish); effective oral and written communication
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) and possess basic knowledge of MS Windows
• Ability to handle wide variety of clerical duties; ability to communicate effectively; must possess good work habits and respect the confidentiality of clients at all times
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two (2) years of clerical experience working with low-income families and working in a team setting
• High school diploma, or GED required
• Candidate must have at a minimum 12 Child Development units (required), Teacher Permit preferred
• Some experience in instructional capacity in a child care and development program
• Occasional driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage
• First Aid certification, Child CPR certification
• Health screening.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required)
• TDAP or DTAP clearance (required)
• MMR Clearance (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ECE Clerk work location can be in any one of the following cities, as needed: Bell Gardens, Huntington Park or South Gate, CA. The ECE Clerk will drive to different site locations and training sites (this includes HSA’s main office, the Fun Center, Clarendon office, or location to be announced). The majority of the job duties are performed within an office setting, which includes but is not limited to the following: sitting, standing, typing, filing, record keeping, data entry, etc. In addition, as needed, the ECE Clerk may assist in a classroom setting which includes, but is not limited to the following: classroom set-up (in-door & out-door) preparing meals, if needed and ongoing child supervision (by sight & sound). Outlined tasks require the following physical demands which include but are not limited to: constant sitting, typing, walking, bending; occasional lifting (25 pounds), pushing, squatting and climbing stairs (as needed). The employee will complete office documentation (as indicated in the job description) in the office, a location with moderate noise levels, peanut free, and that is a non-smoking facility.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21EC24 Early Childhood Education Clerk - Early Childhood Education in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.