Careers at Human Services Association
Home-Based Care Worker - Senior Services
Posted: June 3, 2021
Part-Time Employee (12 months)
NOTE: This job description has been edited for COVID-19
PROGRAM: Supportive Services Program
STATUS: Part Time - Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Home-Based Care Coordinator
HOURS PER WEEK: 28
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
• Under the supervision of the Home-Based Care Coordinator, provides personal care and homemaking services for seniors and respite for their caregivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide individual care and supervision for frail/dementia-afflicted seniors in their homes; care includes, but is not limited to: family respite care, companionship, light housekeeping and other duties, as needed. No personal care (grooming etc) can be provided to the client.
• Maintain client records of services provided in a clear, concise model, consistent with case management record keeping
• Report to supervisor all client activities and any potential problems or changes relevant to the client care plan
• Interact with family members in a professional manner, having consideration for their stress and sensitivity that may be present with dementia and related issues
• Assist with the scheduling of client care
• Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting
• Assist in the recruitment of new clients and the development of materials used in recruitment
• Related duties, as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven competent skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent and good judgment.
• Knowledge of elder and dependent adult abuse warning signs and risk factors.
• Ability to relate well with caregivers/family members of clients.
• Good verbal, written communication, and organizing skills, especially regarding listening and understanding client needs.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet attendance standards.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma, or equivalent; Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA) certificate, preferred
• Daily driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Safety First – your safety and the safety of the client and their families:
1. You MUST wear a mask at all times.
2. You MUST wear gloves when touching anything a client may hand you or you had to them.
(see guidelines for glove safety attached)
3. Social Distancing is REQUIRED. Follow all guidelines for social distancing. No close client activities.
4. Make sure to use hand sanitizer if you can’t wash your hands right away.
5. If you are sick, DO NOT go to the home and call your supervisor immediately.
6. If you go to a client’s home and they are sick, do not go into the home and call your supervisor immediately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Home Chore Worker’s work location is in the Monrovia or Bell Gardens, CA offices with constant travel throughout Los Angeles County; the majority of the job duties are performed out in the community visiting multiple clients each day to perform home chore and caregiving in the home; the employee may need to sit or stand for short or long periods accordingly to home environment and/or stair and hill climbing accordingly. The employee will complete paperwork in the office as required; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment; employee must climb up one flight of stairs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21SS18 Home-Based Care Worker - Senior Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.