Careers at Human Services Association
Home Delivered Meals Driver
Posted: February 10, 2023
$18.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 20-25 hrs.
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Manager, covers routes as needed when a set driver calls off or additional coverage/support is needed to deliver daily hot meals and or frozen meals to seniors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Order and deliver daily meals to homebound seniors residing within our service area.
• Assist Site Manager and other staff in packing of the home delivered meals.
• Report any and all danger signs regarding the seniors’ well-being and/or safety back to the Nutrition Program Manager and follow up with report as needed
• Maintain a clean and well-presented vehicle
• Coordinate preventative maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.)
• Report any malfunctions to Nutrition Program Manager
• Maintain mileage log/report
• Maintain daily temperature log/report
• Attend agency meeting, department meetings and/or trainings, as requested
• Assist with clerical duties or other program projects as needed
• Utilize work cell phone to communicate with program aides and Nutrition Program Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to: read and follow traffic signs and safety laws/guidelines while driving an agency vehicle.
• Ability to: work and communicate effectively with elderly clients and volunteers of diverse cultures, read and follow food safety manual guidelines, lift food trays that weigh (approximately) 10 lbs., accurately perform basic mathematical functions; possess a cheerful and friendly disposition.
• Preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required
• Some on-the-job driving experience desirable
• Some experience working with senior citizens desirable
• Valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage
• DMV printout documenting an acceptable driving record (Human Services Association will generate the report)
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Back-up Driver work location is in Bell Gardens, CA offices with primary travel throughout Los Angeles County; most all of the job duties are performed out in the community delivering meals to multiple clients in any given day to check on their safety and welfare in the home; the employee is in and out of a vehicle several times (40-60) per day as well as stair and hill climbing accordingly. The employee will complete paperwork in the office as required; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment; employee must climb up one flight of stairs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education, and other factors permitted by law.
Human Services Association offers a competitive total rewards package for eligible employees, which may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, holiday pay, life insurance. Please see the Benefits Overview for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If the position you are applying for has specific education, licensing, or certification requirements, please submit your unofficial transcripts and credentials alongside your resume.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 22SS19 Home Delivered Meals Driver in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.