Careers at Human Services Association
Human Resources Generalist
Posted: September 15, 2023
$27.00 - $30.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Compliance & Risk Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
• The Human Resource Generalist will perform the daily functions of the Human Resource department including leave of absence and Workers Compensation administration, new hire onboarding, HR programs administration, responding to external and employee inquiries, HR compliance and special projects as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and executes the Leave of Absence and Workers Compensation process including staying abreast of federal and state laws, responding to employee inquires, distributing & tracking required forms and managing leave timelines.
• Administers new hire process including extending offers, preparing new hire documents, conducting background checks, verifying employment eligibility requirements and new hire orientation.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, performance and talent management, training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to HR Director
• Responds to external inquires for basic information such as unemployment claims, EEO reporting, audit requests etc.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training etc.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law and makes recommendations where needed
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong proactive problem-solving skills.
• Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Thorough knowledge of California and Federal employment laws, leave of absence and Workers Compensation laws (FMLA/CFRA/PDL etc.) and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with ADP WorkforceNow HRIS system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• 3-5 years of human resource management experience preferred.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
• SHRM certification a plus.
• Daily driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Human Resources Generalist’s work location is in Bell Gardens, CA offices; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in an office environment; with occasional travel for training and site visits; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education, and other factors permitted by law.
Human Services Association offers a competitive total rewards package for eligible employees, which may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, holiday pay, life insurance. Please see the Benefits Overview for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If the position you are applying for has specific education, licensing, or certification requirements, please submit your unofficial transcripts and credentials alongside your resume.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 23AD4 Human Resources Generalist in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.