Careers at Human Services Association
In Home Outreach Counselor - Family Preservation Program
Posted: August 31, 2023
$26.00 - $32.00 per hour
PROGRAM: Family Preservation
STATUS: Full-time- Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Family Preservation Supervisor
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Under the supervision of the Family Preservation Supervisor, provides in-home case management, teaching and demonstrating and in-home assessments for the Family Preservation program. The position requires excellent time management, organizational and writing skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts comprehensive assessments for program clients in collaboration with DCFS and the other stakeholders involved in case planning.
• Conducts case planning meetings, adjusts goals as necessary.
• Provides information, referral and case management services.
• Provides in-home outreach counseling (case management) visits, supplemental, and teaching and demonstrating services, accommodating client schedules.
• Completes case assessments (e.g., clinical assessments if candidate is a master-level and registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences).
• Gathers reports and documentation from service providers.
• Offers crisis intervention when.
• Participates in case reviews and consultations.
• Adheres to child abuse reporting and legal and ethical standards.
• Coordinates and participates in peer review as requested.
• Maintains client records, prepares progress reports, and handles administrative tasks as per program/contract requirements.
• Communicates with DCFS, Probation and Mental Health Providers.
• Attends meetings as assigned.
• Receives supervision from a licensed clinical supervisor.
• Related duties, as required.
• Flexible Schedule Opportunity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child abuse risk factors, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health issues and/other factors that contribute to child abuse.
• Familiarity with evidenced based practices and Family Preservation program, highly desirable.
• Clinical skills, highly desirable.
• Ability to follow program and agency policies.
• Strong competency, independent judgment, and ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary, including evening hours.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Develop and sustain effective working relationships and work well in a team setting.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), highly desirable.
• Computer literate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage Family Therapy or related field AND registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences, OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field AND extensive experience providing case management services in a social setting.
• Minimum two years’ experience in direct services to low-income, ethnically diverse clients in a non-profit setting.
• Minimum two years’ experience providing services to families affected by child abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health issues and other trauma.
• Experience with diagnosing using the DSM V is highly desirable.
• Driving is required on a daily basis. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage (name must be on insurance card).
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work site includes two locations: South Gate, CA and Bell Gardens. Travel is required on a daily basis throughout the region; the locations have moderate noise levels and are considered a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in the clients’ homes; employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Actual compensation offered may vary depending on skill level, experience, and/or education, and other factors permitted by law.
Human Services Association offers a competitive total rewards package for eligible employees, which may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, holiday pay, life insurance. Please see the Benefits Overview for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If the position you are applying for has specific education, licensing, or certification requirements, please submit your unofficial transcripts and credentials alongside your resume.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 23FS13 In Home Outreach Counselor - Family Preservation Program in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.