Careers at Human Services Association
Posted: June 18, 2022
$18.00-$20.00 per hour
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
STATUS: Non-Exempt TERM: 12 months
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for organization’s housekeeping operations to ensure facilities are maintained in a clean, safe manner. Ensures custodial and maintenance activities comply with health, fire and other safety regulations. Tours facilities to identify custodial needs. Emphasizes preventative maintenance. Ensures adequate stock of cleaning tools and supplies. Coordinates cleaning and maintenance activities with departments and responds quickly to emergency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Helps review maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
• Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used.
• Performs general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves and landscaping.
• Inspects work for completeness.
• Ascertains that all maintenance equipment required is on hand and in good working condition.
• Ensures clean-up of all office space, meeting rooms, and storage areas.
• Wear support belt at all times during working hours, use safety equipment (goggles, mask, and gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate.
• Additional duties related to the custodial and maintenance of facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively and effectively with staff.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
• Perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as needed, update inventories and other supplies and needed.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees.
• Display sensitivity, tact and responsiveness in various situations and needs.
• Operate standard office equipment and computer.
• Use independence judgment and initiative.
• Follow HSA’s policies, procedures, and organization.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work extra hours as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma, or equivalent;
• 2 years’ experience in facilities maintenance desirable. Experience with the operation of various hand tools—manual and power—that may be used while performing basic maintenance and repairs.
• Driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Clean driving record
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check via Live Scan (Fingerprinting).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the
essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Maintenance Technician work location is in Bell Gardens, South Gate and Huntington Park offices with some travel throughout Los Angeles County; the employee will complete paperwork in the office as required; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment; the position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 22AD8 Maintenance Technician in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.