Careers at Human Services Association
Senior Services Program Manager - MSSP
Posted: July 21, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
• Under the supervision of the Senior Services Director, provide overall administration of the following community based care management programs: MSSP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct supervision, ongoing support and providing staff development for all MSSP staff.
• Perform annual performance evaluations.
• Review and all assessments, care plans and client cost monitoring.
• Produce all required program reports timely. Establishing systems as needed.
• Attend and conduct meetings, outreach and presentations internally and in community.
• Screen intakes and referrals for care management/MSSP appropriateness.
• Ensure contract compliance and monitoring of MSSP program budgets.
• Establish and maintain effective working partnerships and relationships with public and private agencies countywide.
• Complete quality assurance and performance improvement activity.
• Analyze situations and adopt effective course of action for staff and clients.
• Participate in grant development activities as assigned.
• Oversight of all contracted vendors and license requirements.
• Provide information and assistance to leadership team.
• Risk management compliance- mandated reporting State and Federal Laws.
• Maintain professional standards of practice.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and able to prioritize tasks as needed for client, staff, or agency needs.
• Leadership qualities and ability to work as a team member.
• Computer literate to include Microsoft Office software.
• Working knowledge of LA County, government and social services programs/resources.
• Preferred Bilingual (English /Spanish).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)/Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or related field by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, active status and in good standing under the “Licensing/Certification Requirements”. Master’s Degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in related field. LCSW preferred.
• Three years post-Master’s Degree in the field of aging with an emphasis in service delivery of community based programs. Two years of supervisory, program coordination, or management experience.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Senior Services Manager’s work location is at the Bell Gardens, CA offices with periodic travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in an office environment; occasional home visits; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21SS27 Senior Services Program Manager - MSSP in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.