Careers at Human Services Association
Posted: September 23, 2021
DEPARTMENT: I.T. (Fiscal)
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: I.T. Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hrs.
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
The Network Administrator works under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology.
The job responsibilities of the Network Administrator are:
• Performs monitoring & maintenance of servers, routers, switches, access points, firewalls, and other computer network components
• Install, support and maintain network hardware and software
• Evaluate, support and maintain system performance
• Configure and update VoIP software and services including QoS specifications
• Support and maintain the virtual server environment (VMWare, Windows Server, Linux)
• Assign, maintain, and backup routing table configurations
• Configure and maintain Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud environment
• Ensure timely system patches to network equipment and software
• Provide support with overall administration of the LAN (Local Area Network) including all applications residing in the LAN, such as E-Mail, Microsoft Office, and other PC based applications.
• Virtual desktop computing support (installation, repair, maintenance) in multiple sites, primarily for Windows computers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive to multiple sites to solve systems and network issues
• Move, setup, load, and unload heavy equipment (servers, UPS batteries, switches, etc.)
• Provide technical assistance and resolution, as necessary
• Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
• Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
• Ensure that Internet security software is updated and running properly
• Maintain computer equipment and software to ensure secure and efficient operation
• Troubleshoots basic network and computer peripherals
• Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
• Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong understanding of server operating systems
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively
• Great attention to details and take pride on their work
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Able to drive to multiple sites often to get the job done
• Self-starter, flexible and willing to work various tasks as needed.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to complete tasks on time.
• Maintain courteous and professional manner at all times.
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical network issues and cloud environments. Candidates must possess a valid CA driver license with an insurable driving record, BS in Computer Science (or related field) and at least five years of experience in a networking support and management environment.
The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure, PowerScript, Active Directory, routing table configuration, LAN and WAN support, and VMWare.
• Experienced with Cisco highly desired (CCNA or CCNP Preferably)
• Experienced with Network Monitoring tools
• Experienced with Microsoft Azure, MS 365, One Drive, VMware Horizon, and vCenter
• Experienced with VoIP systems and services
• Experienced with VMware Horizon, VMware vCenter, and vSphere
• Experienced with Cisco Routers, Switches and firewalls, and backup and recovery methodologies.
The candidate must have a demonstrated history of maintaining a calm demeanor while handling several assignments. In keeping with Agency policy for all employees, the successful applicant must also complete a test for TB, and fingerprint clearance by the Department of Justice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Pursuing or possess a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or at least 5 years of experience working with business networks and providing general end user support for LAN, PCs and related equipment;
• CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, MCSA or equivalent certification is desirable.
• On the job training will be provided.
• Driving several times a week to nearby locations is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The PC Specialist work location is in Bell Gardens, California, offices with some travel throughout Los Angeles County; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in an office environment; but must drive to satellite offices regularly and may travel for training; employee must be able to climb stairs and must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21AD4 Network Administrator in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.