Careers at Human Services Association
Nutrition Program Aide - Home Delivered Meals
Posted: June 8, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
$16.00 per hour
STATUS: Part- Time / Full- Time (Non-Exempt)
TERM: 12 months
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Coordinator (C2)
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Coordinator (C2): organize, account for and maintain meal delivery route sheets, client in-home visits, data entry, phone calls, file, back-up for meal delivery to seniors on a set route and assists staff with various program duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Visit and conduct in-home assessments as mandated by LA Co. CSS and all other paper work.
• Maintain weekly and monthly statistical records.
• Prepare monthly program reports and billings per contracts.
• Maintain liaison with agency subcontractor.
• Enter and retrieve data on network software/computer.
• Assist staff with copying, faxing, and data input.
• Assist staff with client activities, as required.
• Other duties, as required or assigned.
• Working cell phone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like computers, printers and fax machines.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and MS Excel, in particular).
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
• Possess a cheerful and friendly disposition.
• Ability to: read and follow traffic signs and safety laws/guidelines while driving an agency vehicle.
• Ability to: work and communicate effectively with elderly clients and volunteers of diverse cultures, read and follow food safety manual guidelines.
• Preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required.
• Experience: working with senior citizens, families, and/or children is desirable.
• Experience: working in an office atmosphere handling basic office duties (i.e., filing, copying, light typing, etc.) 1- 2 years’ experience desirable.
• Valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21SS23 Nutrition Program Aide - Home Delivered Meals in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.