Careers at Human Services Association
Program Aide - Early Childhood Education
Posted: May 12, 2021
Part-Time Employee (12 months)
$16.00 per hour
STATUS: Part-Time; Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Child Development Supervisor
HOURS PER WEEK: 20
Under the supervision of the Child Development Supervisor, Lead Teacher and Associate Teacher, the Program Aide will also support covering breaks, preparing meals, setting up the classrooms and ensuring the health and safety of children and families is maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the health and safety of all children and parents in the program.
• Assist children with physical, emotional needs and overall development.
• Provide on-going supervision of indoor and outdoor play areas.
• Actively participate in all child activities.
• Identify and report any suspected incidents of child abuse to Child Development Coordinator.
• Assist in the implementation of nutrition and health activities and complete meal counts.
• Ensure the kitchen area is clean; by cleaning up, sweeping, wiping, throwing away trash and preparing the next meal.
• Provide nurturing care and guidance to each child.
• Attend department, agency, and community meetings and trainings, as assigned by the Child Development Coordinator.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Disinfect workspace
• Disinfect classroom/toys/bathroom
• Cleaning the playground, remove spider webs, and picking up leaves
• Prepare snacks/lunches
• Review Meal transportation log to complete meal count and meal reproduction record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child growth and development.
• Work effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds, and those with disabilities and special needs.
• Participate in a positive team atmosphere.
• Be patient, able to resolve conflicts, gentle, loving, kind, creative, and resourceful.
• Use excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills.
• Be detailed and multi-task with a strong desire to succeed.
• Cope well with stress.
• Organized and able to successfully meet daily objectives; have the ability to lead team atmosphere; have mediation and negotiation skills; possess effective conflict resolution skills.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing using correct English (spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation).
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, preferred.
• Possess or meet requirements for Associate Teacher Permit.
• Minimum of 12 ECE Units
• Minimum one (1) year of experience working with preschool children, infants and toddlers; two to three (2-3) years of age.
• Customer service experience, preferred.
• Occasional driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• First Aid certification, Child CPR certification.
• Health screening.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (TB) (required).
• TDAP or DTAP clearance (required)
• MMR Clearance (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Program Aide work location can be in any one of the following cities: Bell Gardens, Huntington Park or South Gate, CA. As needed, the Program Aide will drive to different site locations and training sites (this includes HSA’s main office, Clarendon office, or location to be announced). The majority of the job duties are performed within the preschool classroom. These tasks require the following physical demands which include but are not limited to: constant walking, bending; occasional lifting (25 pounds), pushing, squatting and climbing stairs (as needed) in the office or at one of the preschool sites (indoor/outdoor) or in the classroom. The employee will complete required documentation (as indicated in the job description) a location with moderate noise levels, peanut free, and that it is a non-smoking facility.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21EC11 Program Aide - Early Childhood Education in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.