Careers at Human Services Association
Nutrition Program Aide - Senior Services
Posted: September 22, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
$18.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Coordinator
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 Hours
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Coordinator: organize, account for and maintain meal roster sheets, client data, data entry, phone calls, file, act as a back-up driver and assists staff with various program duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain weekly and monthly statistical records.
• Prepare monthly program reports and billings, per contracts.
• Maintain liaison with agency subcontractor.
• Enter and retrieve data on network software/computer.
• Assist staff with copying, faxing, and data input.
• Assist staff with client activities, as required.
• Other duties, as required or assigned.
• Working cell phone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like computers, printers and fax machines.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and MS Excel, in particular).
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
• Possess a cheerful and friendly disposition.
• Ability to: read and follow traffic signs and safety laws/guidelines while driving an agency vehicle.
• Ability to: work and communicate effectively with elderly clients and volunteers of diverse cultures, read and follow food safety manual guidelines.
• Preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED, preferred, but not required.
• Experience: working with senior citizens, families, and/or children is desirable.
• Experience: working in an office atmosphere handling basic office duties (i.e., filing, copying, light typing, etc.) 1- 2 years’ experience desirable.
• Valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required)
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 21SS36 Nutrition Program Aide - Senior Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.