Careers at Human Services Association
Program Manager - Family Services
Posted: November 2, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
PROGRAM: SHV, DPH, DPSS CalWORKs Home Visiting Programs
STATUS: Full Time – Exempt
REPORTS TO: Family Services Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Supports the Home Visiting programs by providing leadership, supervision and management of those home visiting programs identified within the Parent as Teachers Model. This position supports direct supervision of PAT supervisors, including the overall assessment component of the PAT programs. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring adherence to the requirements of all funders, quality of the program, reporting, and to ensure that the program is meeting the evidence-based critical elements of the Parent as Teachers (PAT) model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• New Managers are required to complete Foundational and Implementation Trainings before delivering the PAT model or supervising Parent as Teachers staff.
• Responsible for contract compliance of programs.
• Responsible for the preparation and facilitation of internal and external audits/site visits.
• Monitor caseload data systems and productivity of staff.
• Maintains program by recruiting, hiring, on-boarding and retention of new staff.
• Remain up-to-date with current research and economic trends that impact families.
• Oversee the compliance of agency policies.
• Provide case management, including information and referral services.
• Oversite of intake data, education and support services provided by individual programs.
• Oversee outreach services in the community.
• Prepare reports, including billing and statistical information for programs as applicable to contracts.
• Assist in the development of program policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance, safety of staff and clients and to ensure legal/ethical standards.
• Familiar with PAT program documentation and assist in the development of new and improved documentation.
• Ensure documentation requirements are met for employees in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assures quality services for participates by engaging in standards of practice, quality assurance, continuous quality improvement, grantee cohort and advisory council meetings, case management, as well as individual/ group reflective supervision.
• Collaborate with F5LA, DPH, DPSS, contract oversite entities and other community stakeholders.
• Review and sign-off on documentation within the departments.
• Assist the Department Director and Fiscal Supervisors with completion of program budgets and monitor program expenses.
• Review and sign-off on fiscal related documentation (i.e., purchase orders, etc.).
• Complete performance evaluations for supervisors.
• Establish and maintain a current and accurate record keeping system, within program procedures, with adequate provisions for confidentiality.
• Collaborate and maintain good relationship with other community organizations, along with a resource network directory.
• Report to work at scheduled times, be open to flexible hours to meet the needs of the program.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the home visiting services and systems that impact families.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities with limited supervision.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal management.
• Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work collaborative with many organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• MA/MS in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Health, Psychology or in related studies. BA/BS may be considered if work experience is equivalent for this role.
• At least five years of experience working with families of young children. Preferred at least 2 years of supervisory support and/or program management.
• Knowledge of Reflective Practice and Trauma-Informed Care.
• Parent as Teachers certification preferred, but not required.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Program Manager’s work location is at the Bell Gardens, CA offices with weekly travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed in clients’ homes; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21FS18 Program Manager - Family Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.