Careers at Human Services Association
Program Manager - Partnerships for Families Program - Family Services
Posted: November 16, 2022
$80,000 - $90,000 per year
STATUS: Full Time – Regular Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
REPORTS TO: Family Services Director
Human Services Association requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Under the supervision of the Director of Family Services, provides administrative oversight of the staff and interns under the Family Services Department, Child Abuse Prevention Services, and provides day-to-day operation of the program(s). Responsible for program development/start-up of child abuse prevention program(s). Responsible for ensuring contract compliance, quality assurance and financial sustainability of the program(s). Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring that the program(s) meet the fidelity of evidence-based models.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the overall administration and leadership of program(s), staff and interns.
• Responsible for contract compliance and quality assurance of the program(s), internal and external audits/site visits.
• Responsible for adherence to all aspects of the scope of work, DCFS Core Practice Model and Protective Factors Framework and evidence-based approaches approved by County.
• Monitor caseload data systems and productivity of staff and interns.
• Maintain the program by recruiting, hiring, onboarding and retaining staff.
• Provide direct services and crisis intervention to client families, if needed as a backup.
• Available for urgent program related matters as needed.
• Assist with clinical supervision of staff and interns, as needed as a backup (licensed and qualified only).
• Oversee the compliance of agency policies; assist in developing new program policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance, staff and clients’ safety, and that legal/ethical standards are met.
• Develop client family chart forms and ensure documentation requirements are met for staff promptly and accurately as per contract(s).
• Oversee internal and external capacity-building activities and adherence to staff and intern training.
• Oversee and coordinate outreach services in the community.
• Prepare, monitor and track program(s) reports, including billing and statistical information as applicable to contract(s). Review and sign off on documentation within the department, as needed.
• Establish and maintain a current and accurate record-keeping system with high provisions for confidentiality.
• Collaborate and maintain good professional relationships with County and other community stakeholders.
• Stay up-to-date with current research and economic trends affecting families in the service area.
• Assist the Department Director and Fiscal Supervisors with the completion of program budgets and monitor program expenses.
• Report to work on-site at scheduled times, be open to flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to meet the needs of the program(s).
• Grant writing (request for proposals, request for applications, etc., to maintain child abuse prevention funding).
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of community engagement and practices aimed towards eliminating racial disproportionality and disparity with communities is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of Strengthening Families Protective Factors and DCFS Core Practice Model a plus.
• Knowledge of evidenced-based practices highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the home visiting services and systems that affect families.
• Knowledge of trauma-informed care.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities with limited supervision.
• Ability to meet attendance standards and work additional hours as necessary.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal management.
• Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work collaboratively with many organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of (3) three years’ experience working with underserved and unserved populations, such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community, male survivors, and/or tribal populations.
• Master’s in Social Work or in related studies.
• At least two (2) years of experience working with families of young children.
• At least two (2) years of supervisory support and/or program management in a social service agency.
• Licensed in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) / Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or related field by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; active and in good standing – highly desirable but not required.
• Some driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Program Manager’s work location is at the Bell Gardens, CA offices with occasional travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed on-site; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• In accordance with CA law, the expected pay range for this CA position is posted with this position. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume in .PDF or .DOC format to the email and click "send."
Resumes that are not in .PDF or .DOC format will not be considered. Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 22FS20 Program Manager - Partnerships for Families Program - Family Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.