Careers at Human Services Association
Senior Services Manager
Posted: June 8, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
$24.00 per hour
PROGRAM: AAA – Home-Delivered Meals
STATUS: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Senior Services Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Under the supervision of the Senior Services Director, plans, organizes, supervises, reviews and
evaluates all activities related to the administration of the Home Delivered Meal Program as well as
provides administrative/clerical support for the Senior Services Department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze the efficiency and organizational structure of the HDM program.
• Oversee the Selecting, scheduling, assigning, directing, and evaluating the work of paid and volunteer staff.
• Train staff in the policies and procedures of the work.
• Ensure that agency, funding sources, and other regulatory requirements are followed.
• Direct the compilation of accurate financial and participation records and statistical reports.
• Prepare written materials, including reports, correspondence, and procedures.
• Assist to coordinate advocacy efforts for the Senior Nutrition and other related services.
• Maintain weekly and monthly statistical records for Title III CII programming.
• Type reports, correspondence, proposals and maintain monthly reports.
• Maintain liaison with catering subcontractor.
• Attend monthly Driver’s meetings and QA meetings.
• Attend staff meetings and in-service training as required.
• Review weekly and monthly forms from nutrition coordinator.
• Prepare or review reports and billings to all program funding sources, per contractual requirements, including maintenance of in-kind reports.
• Assist with weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for all department programs.
• Assist with all facets of department programming as well as develop flyers and forms.
• Other duties, as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Preferred Bilingual (English/Spanish); computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to operate standard office equipment; ability to type 50 WPM; ability to organize and compile data and maintain accurate records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutritional Science or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
Prior experience working with seniors and volunteers
• Driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• First Aid certification, CPR certification.
• Negative tuberculosis screen (required).
• Must pass criminal background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing
the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work location is at the Bell Gardens, California, office with weekly travel throughout the region; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment.
• The majority of the job duties are performed onsite, in the clients’ homes or in the community; employee must climb up one flight of stairs and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21SS22 Senior Services Manager in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.