Careers at Human Services Association
Social Work Care Manager - Senior Services
Posted: August 9, 2021
Full-Time Employee (12 months)
STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Supervisor Care Manager (SCM)
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
Under the supervision of the Supervisor Care Manager, provides community based care management, advocacy/support to delay or prevent premature institutionalization to at risk senior citizens.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct in home comprehensive psychosocial assessments, develop individualized care plans, coordinate service authorization, and monitor effectiveness of care plans.
• Carry care management caseload of 50 clients.
• Complete home visits according to schedule.
• Maintain monthly care management activities and documentation.
• Conduct assessments and reassessments.
• Collaborate and consult with the NCM in the development of the participant’s individualized care plan.
• Arrange, coordinate and verify services/interventions identified on the care plan.
• Monitor of participant’s needs and provisions in the care plan.
• Identify and develop support systems for the participant.
• Ensure participant record documentation meets program requirements.
• Ensuring that prior to purchasing and authorizing waiver services all other resources have been exhausted.
• Related duties, as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven competent skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent and good judgment.
• Knowledge of elder and dependent adult abuse warning signs and risk factors
• Knowledge of community resources and other social service agencies.
• Ability to relate well with care-givers and family members of clients.
• Good verbal, written communication and organizing skills, especially regarding listening and understanding client needs.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to meet attendance standards.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Computer literate to include Microsoft Office software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors of Arts/Science in Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, or related field.
• Two (2) years direct experience in working with senior adults.
• Daily driving is required. Must provide own vehicle, valid California driver license and proof of full insurance coverage.
• Negative tuberculosis screen
• Must pass criminal background check
• Bilingual, English/Spanish, highly desirable
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job or that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work location will be in Monrovia, CA office with constant travel throughout Los Angeles County
• One to multiple client visitations throughout the community in any given day to check on their safety, welfare and to perform assessments in the home
• Ability to sit, stand, climb up stairs and hills for long or short periods of time
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Completion of paperwork in the office as required
• Moderate noise levels and non-smoking environment
Thank you for your interest in Human Services Association.
To apply for this position, please click the button below, which will open a prepared email in your default email program. Simply attach your resume to the email and click "send." Please do not delete, change, or add more details to the email subject line.
If you experience difficulties sending your email via the button below, please send your resume to email@example.com and include 21SS30 Social Work Care Manager - Senior Services in the subject line.
We will review your background, and if the role is a match to your skills and experience, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Any questions regarding this position or the application process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Email Resume
Human Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. In addition, we complete criminal background checks via Live Scan method (fingerprinting) on all new hire employees.