Dear HSA clients, families, and staff:
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty.
As you are undoubtedly aware, the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been a quickly evolving situation over the last several months. This virus outbreak has been especially concerning for our organization since we serve some of the most vulnerable populations in our communities, including the elderly.
Through this difficult time, we have remained committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure our clients, families, and staff remain healthy. This means we have had to temporarily adjust or suspend regular operations for most of our programs.
We realize that these disruptions are difficult and will have a significant impact on you and your loved ones. But please know that we have made these decisions with everyone’s well-being in mind.
Please see below for the full list of current program disruptions. We will update this list if we need to implement more changes while the pandemic continues:
Early Childhood Education
- As of March 16th, all our early education sites have been temporarily closed until further notice. Home-based operations have also been temporarily suspended.
- As of March 13th, we have temporarily suspended regular operation of our Alzheimer’s Day Care Program. We have continued to provide care to our Day Care clients via home-delivered meals.
- As of March 18th, our Home-Delivered Meals Program has undergone a significant change in operations. Meals are now being delivered only once a week, and we are only delivering frozen meals.
- As of March 18th, our Congregate Meals Program has undergone a significant change in operations. We are now asking clients to pick up meals once a week from our congregate sites. Additionally, we are only providing frozen meals.
- As of March 27th, our home-based care program has been suspended indefinitely.
- As of the week of March 9th, all our family services programs have begun conducting operations via phone rather than in-person where possible and appropriate. We are also only allowing clients to enter our main site if they have set an appointment. Finally, we are asking clients to stay home if they or their children are sick or have potentially been exposed to the virus.