Multipurpose Senior Services Program
The Multipurpose Senior Service Program (MSSP) helps elders age in place by delaying or entirely avoiding inappropriate and costly nursing home placement. This is a free social and health care management program.
The services that may be provided include:
- Ongoing Care Management
- Health and Social Assessments
- Client Advocacy
- Service Coordination and Purchase of Service
- In-home care
- Meal Services
- Respite Care
- Social Services
- Counseling for clients/families
- Adult Day Care / Support Center
- Emergency Response Systems
To be eligible for the MSSP, clients must be:
- 65 years of age or older
- Living within a site’s service area
- Currently eligible for Medi-Cal
- Certified or certifiable for placement in a nursing facility
- Willing to participate in Care Management
The MSSP is offered in the following cities: Artesia, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Boyle Heights, Cerritos, Commerce, Cudahy, City Terrace, Downey, Eagle Rock, East Los Angeles, El Monte, El Sereno, Elysian Park, Glassel/Mt. Washington, Griffith Park, Hawaiian Gardens, Highland Park, Huntington Park, La Mirada, La Puente, Lakewood, Lincoln Heights, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Maywood, Montebello, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Paramount, Pico Rivera, Rosemead, San Gabriel, Santa Fe Springs, Silverlake, South El Monte, South Gabriel, South Gate, Vernon, and Whittier.
For more information, please contact us at (562) 806-5400.
This program is funded by the State of California Department of Aging.
Invested to help clients
remain safe in their homes