“Pasitos” Head Start
Our “Pasitos” Head Start program offers education and child development services for preschoolers ages three to five and their families. Through education and hands-on experiences, we help prepare children for later success in school and support the entire family’s wellbeing. Additionally, our program helps parents become engaged in their child’s education and offers referrals to other community services as needed.
Our staff is bilingual (English and Spanish) and is happy to help guide you through the enrollment process. Submit an interest form today to help give your child a head start on success!
Referrals to Local
Resources as Needed
These services are completely FREE for eligible families. Children enrolled in our program will also receive a tablet for educational use at home.
Please note that in order to keep our families and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made several changes to our program.
A summary of changes is below:
- We are currently only offering classes via video conference (Zoom). Our offices are only open for enrollment assistance and other administrative tasks. Our Head Start Centers will re-open for in-person classes and activities on August 22nd, 2021.
- We are offering five grab-and-go meals on a weekly basis rather than our regular daily meals.
- All health and referral services are currently being done via video conference (Zoom).
"The 'Pasitos' educators teach with care and compassion. My children have learned so much from your program. Thank you!"
- Elda, Head Start Program Parent
Our program serves children ages 3-5 in the City of South Gate. Services are free for families who meet federal income guidelines. We also serve families who have a household income up to 10% above the guidelines. For more information on income eligibility, please contact our early childhood education team at (323) 513-0594 ext. 400.
Please click the button below to submit an interest form. After we receive your form, we will contact you to set up an enrollment appointment. All information submitted through the interest form is encrypted and sent to a secure database.
Click here to download the "Pasitos" Head Start flyer to share with others who may be interested in our services.
- Birth certificate/hospital certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of income (W-2, Income Tax, TANF/CalWORKs Document, or SSI Notice Letter)
- Proof of residence